Tuesday 13 November 2012

....and yet, more lemons.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Confucius



The path to lemonade and wine continues to be scattered with rogue lemons and a few sour grapes.

So here we are, just over three weeks away from setting foot on a Thai 777 and turning left towards the pointy end instead of right, everything is going to plan and the end is in sight.....almost. Its all going so smoothly and my luck in renting my house to just the right family for just the right amount of time seems almost too good to be true. How lucky, am I !!

Suddenly, someone heard me say that everything seemed to good to be true and made good with the other half of the saying. Disaster struck and the tenants that were to move into our house this coming weekend pulled the plug, leaving me stranded....tenant-less.....with barely any time to find another perfect family with a convenient $10K to contribute to my mortgage. Bugga.

I spent half of today searching and emailing, searching and emailing...anyone that had the remotest chance of taking over the rental, alas, no luck.
So here we are. Three weeks until we're scheduled to leave and if nothing happens between now and then, nothing will happen after that deadline either. So sad, and quite an expensive exercise so far.
The next 72 hours will tell.....will we go, or will we stay?


Imagine being stuck in a new country with very little money to do anything, or to eat, for that matter.
Doesn't sound like fun to me. Would you do it?








No comments:

Post a Comment