Sunday 4 November 2012

Oh the rubbish we accumulate...

                        When life gives you lemons, make Lemonade.



Our long awaited break from what has been an exhausting couple of years of subdividing, moving, building, an unexpected marriage break-up, more moving, more building and now finally...our chance to make lemonade. 



Georgie and I fly out of Australia in the first week of December and don't return until the middle of April. First stop Spain, then maybe Italy...nothing else planned until we fly out of Paris at the beginning of March for China and Vietnam. Four and a half months of no school, no work, no worries, just buckets of lemonade....and wine, lots of wine. Fingers crossed.

Ten days to go and we have to be out of our house. It's only been one year since we moved in and I'm pretty sure we did a big cull then, and the time before that too. Who would have thought that it was possible to again accumulate so much unwanted stuff in such a short time, or perhaps we had trouble getting rid of it last time and this time around we've run out of excuses. Either way, I'm off to the dump for the second load this weekend because the wheelie bin is over-flowing.

Georgie has been amazing. Just when I think all is lost and she'll never find that neat gene that her grandmother promises is within her, she surprises me with a fully packed room and charity boxes sorted. There's hope for the future. Now if I can only get her to help me with mine.



Bess and Woo know something is afoot...oh, the guilt.
My Georgia looks so miserable in the photo below 'cause she's just finished watching Marley and Me.....she's such a softy. My ''Other Georgia" is on the left, all of us are going to miss her - a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment