Wednesday 5 December 2012

Georgia's thoughts thus far.

Georgia here...

Two weeks ago all I knew was waking up in the morning, getting dressed, going to school, coming home, having dinner and then going to sleep. The next day I'l do it all again with hardly any complications or noise.

The second I stepped off the plane in Bangkok, a whole new world hit my eyes, a billion new smells rushed up my nose, the sound of chaos filled my ears and a deep wave of humidity enveloped my skin like one of the hot towels we were served with on the flight over. I had just jumped into another world full of complications and adventure.

The commonly used phrase of "Keep an open mind" has been useful for me and while doing just that, I have let thousands of new sights and experiences colour my new world. Things I could never have imagined doing in Birkdale.

On Tuesday we went to a temple called Wat Pho to see the giant reclining Buddha and also to experience massage at a school that teaches people the art of massage. The temples were traditional Thai style and they made my eyes pop out of my head; to imagine the value of the gold surrounding the Buddha and temples would be impossible. While we were there I had a traditional Thai massage and mum had a foot massage for half an hour.

That day we bought two all day passes to a river ferry that went every half hour or so. Getting to Wat Pho was easy but getting home was another story. The jetty was so packed with a tour group waiting for their own boat that we could barely squeeze through to get our ferry. We missed the first one so had to wait in the boiling sun for the next one.

Bangkok is such an exotic place, so different that I don't know what is going to come next.
I've already had great adventures and I'm sure there's more to come.

(From Jan: It's taken a lot of cajoling to get Georgia to contribute to the blog. Any comments below would be encouraging (and appreciated) so that she is more enthusiastic about writing again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Georgia - we all loved reading your blog. Please keep writing them. We love reading of all your experiences as we have never been there before. You are definitely on a holiday you will never forget. Enjoy every minute and we will Skype with you again soon. Was great to catch up with you and your mum the other night. Donna x

    ReplyDelete