Sunday 23 December 2012

Getting out and about around Olvera.

So what have we been up to for the last couple of weeks in Spain? Aside to adjusting to daily life in Olvera that revolves around siesta in the middle of the afternoon from 2-5, we've been exploring the castle, making new friends (including every furry one Georgia insists on getting to know) and have even been a bit further afield in Andalusia to Ronda and Marbella.  Maddie and Billy came to stay for a few days and you can see pics of them horseriding and hanging out with G and me. We all drove to Marbella via Ronda one day. I think the highlight for some was finding a Maccas in Ronda! :) Maddie and Billie left us in Marbella and made their way to Malaga to spend some time there before flying back to Paris. Other than that, we've just been exploring Olvera, its castle and church (dated back to the 1100s), and getting to know our local shops and people's lifestyle in Olvera.

3 comments:

  1. Is it possible to label the pics? Some of them are self-explanatory, but on others it would be good to know where and when. All looks great fun. Wish we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Georgia,
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Hope you have had a awesome time so far on your trip and as I can see by the pictures you are!

    I am so jealous that you are over seas and that you are doing and seeing what you are.
    From Neave
    P.S. guess what I am doing at the end of January? SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS AT SEAWORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger.com is unfortunately quite hard to add captions on photos because youneed to get into the HTML side of things.
    I'll do my best in future posts to describe things.....or if you're not really sure what's happening in the photo, make up a caption of your own. It's bound to be more exciting! I guess I could give more detail to the pics above, it was a summarised rushed post...so with the pics of Georgia standing in the church at Olvera, she got baptised at the font and is now Roman Catholic. I also painted a cross on my forehead with holy water - just for good measure. You can never be too careful, you know.

    ReplyDelete