Sunday 18 November 2012

Screw the lemonade...pass the wine!

Somebody must've felt sorry for me because 48 hours after the original tenants fell through, I managed to find replacements!!  Gumtree, you are a life-saver.

Much celebrating was done that evening, thanks to Barry and Trish's magic re-filling wine glass. If only I could remember the last hour before hitting the sack. Sorry, brain cells.

Alas, not all has worked out as planned and while it is good to rent our house to a large family that really needs a permanent, new home, it means Georgia and I have to cut ties with Barron Vale forever...and when we get back at the end of April, we will be homeless.  But you know the saying....When one door closes, another opens.

The stress of the last week made me want to escape even more, so with work's approval and a very efficient travel agent, Georgia and I have moved our departure date forward by 2 weeks and now we're leaving next Saturday!! I changed the ticket to break the original flight in Thailand for a couple of weeks; it seems to be perfect weather there at the moment, not too hot, so we'll just kick back and get into the swing of being footloose and fancy free. I've rented a nice studio apartment in a high rise building overlooking the river in central Bangkok and will post pictures when we get there - in less than a week.

That means I have to get off this blog and get packing, and everything has to be packed ready for storage this time, not just clothes and toothbrush like we'd planned with the original tenants.

This next week will be a blur!!

No comments:

Post a Comment